Autonomous rights are vital to a photographer. Licensing third parties to use photos is the foundation of any photographer’s business. This is how I practice my profession and how I can invest in my valuable photo equipment. If someone uses my photos without permission, that person will not only deprive me of the usage fee, but may diminish the value of the photo itself, either through an unrestricted repetition process or by compromising legitimate image use agreements.
All images made by me, Dirk Pronk The Photographer, and where appropriate, posted on my website and / or Facebook page remain the property of the photographer, Dirk Pronk, https://dirkpronk.com, www.dirkpronk.com at all times, unless otherwise mentioned.
All rights are reserved and no use or reproduction of any kind may be made of any image without the express permission of Dirk Pronk, Dirk Pronk Photography or one of its accredited agents. This also applies if this is not explicitly stated on my website, my Facebook page, Twitter or other media.
It is only allowed to use my photos with prior written permission and compensation and under these conditions.
When used after permission and / or agreement, you should always use the following attribution: Dirk Pronk Photography (www.dirkpronk.com). This consent cannot be given to third parties.
If an image is nevertheless used without written permission or without a license, a compensation of 150% of the license amount will be demanded.
Should an image be reproduced without sufficient attribution and without prior express written permission, a usage fee equal to the license fee + 150% will be required.
Should an image be attributed to someone else, with the intention of claiming the name of an image, or to mislead the origin of an image, the usage fee is subject to a surcharge equal to the license fee + 400%.
Right of use (permission to use an image)
A photo can be “used” in the following ways, namely through the “purchase” of a license (agreed during the quotation process), also called right of use.
- License for private (small) use: Paid photo files may only be used for your own archive, personal photo albums or other articles and / or social media such as Facebook and Twitter. You can use the photo for yourself indefinitely. You may only use the photo privately (a different license applies for business purposes). These photos will not contain a watermark upon delivery.
- License for web use (1200 pixel or 2400px for Facebook): The file has a maximum size of 1200/2048 pixels and is therefore ideal for use on your website or to share via e-mail or social media. Because I own the copyrights of the photo, you need permission if you want to use the photo for business (for example on your company website), in that case please contact me in advance to arrange this.
- License for non-exclusive business / commercial use: You will receive from me the original photo file in high resolution and for web use. With this license you have permission to use it, for example, for flyers or posters for events or for your (business) website or to share it via social media. The high-resolution photo will not contain a watermark upon delivery.
- License for exclusive business / commercial use: You will receive from me the original photo file in high resolution and for web use. With this license you have permission to use it, for example, for flyers or posters for events or for your (business) website and / or Facebook page and / or Twitter or to share it via social media. The high-resolution photo will not contain a watermark upon delivery. Dirk Pronk Photography will not license the photo to others and Dirk Pronk Photography will not publish the photo or have it published anywhere else (except for its own portfolio, as a reference for obtaining new work).
Photos are never sent unedited. For all photos, you use them as I intended (so you may not make any adjustments to the image, only the original photo may be shown. In consultation with me, it may be possible to adjust some things. This permission cannot be transferred to third parties.
It is not allowed to:
- sell the photo or to transfer the photo license to another person or company.
- submit the photo to a competition or for foreign publication by third parties without prior written permission and to send a copy of the publication.
- to edit or crop the photo if necessary for publication purposes, permission must be requested in advance and I can be helpful if needed.
The following applies to all photos:
It is not allowed to:
- to be used as part of a company name, logo or other graphic design.
- taking the subject of the photo out of context and thus removing the background.
- use in any way that is considered by us or under applicable law to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory, or that would reasonably discredit any person or property reflected in the photograph.
- to be used in a way that casts a bad light on the person depicted in the photo or in any way they may find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to, the use of images: a) in pornography, “ adult videos ” and the like; b) in advertisements or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; and c) the use that is defamatory or otherwise contains unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use the photo with a person’s likeness if such use implies that the design is participating in one immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental disability, illness or condition;
- use in a manner that is competitive with our business, including, but not limited to, displaying the photo in any format (including thumbnails) for download or export on a website or listing the photo for sale;
- use or display in such a way as to give the impression that the photo was taken by yourself or someone other than the copyright holder of the photo
- Copyright belongs to the respective creator of the image, The photographer.
Please note that by purchasing a license to use the photo, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright has taken place. You purchase a license to use the photo under the terms of this agreement. If you have any questions about a use that is not mentioned in this list or if you have questions about the licenses, please feel free to contact me.
I hope you enjoy using my images and using them!